ASEC 2014 - Structural Engineering in Australasia – World Standard
Structural engineers from Australia, Asia Pacific. , New Zealand and further afield are cordially invited to attend the ASEC (Australasian Structural Engineering) Conference 2014 at Sky City Auckland from Wednesday 9 July to Friday 11 July 2014, with Saturday 12 July in Christchurch for a field trip post-2010 earthquakes.
The organising committee intends for much knowledge of international standard to pass between delegates, authors, and exhibitors. Topics of interest to delegates will include the following:
- Engineering projects – sustainability, innovation...
- Excellence in engineering education – the journey
- Forensic engineering, ethics & disaster management
- Safe design of structures – what does it mean
- Cutting edge research
- Assessment & maintenance of old structures
- The dynamic and quasi-static loading of structures
- Soil-structure interaction
- Regulation – getting the balance right
- World standard structural engineering business
The conference will provide a unique environment to facilitate discussion and debate between New Zealand, Australian and international colleagues from around the world. This conference will bring together professionals from a broad range of disciplines, including architecture, structural engineering, seismology, geology, geophysics, geotechnical engineering, business, public policy, social sciences, regional planning, emergency response planning and regulation. The extreme weather and earthquake events experienced in both countries in recent years provide fertile ground for learning.
Abstract submissions have now closed.
Dress code: Business Dress for Presenters and those attending the Gala Dinner on Thursday 10th July
ASEC Major Sponsor